Sunday 16 May 2010

The begining is soon!


It has been many months since I last blogged, and for many good reasons;

1. Too Busy
2. Under Advice....Direction
3. Too Tired

Now I'm back and going to start looking ahead to some promises I have made to myself and others.

In August I will be swimming the Outlaw as part of the RAF contingent. I have not trained, I have not even been honest about my training to others. I can run, and will admit that it is going so well that I am happy with the way my times are looking...but this doesn't help the others unless I have managed to keep my powers of walking on water.

Over the coming months I do plan on increasing my training especially in the pool and lakes of Lincolnshire in a bid to go under 60 mins. I have come close on every attempt and even managed a super time last year in Barcelona.

Training has stopped this week with the chest infection and cold but will resume with the Stapleford Duathlon on Tuesday. Still on the SS and with the effects of the cold I am not planning any heroics but know a win is possible especially after the injuries of some of the athletes in recent weeks.

Seeing some of the old gang in the last few weeks has been great motivation for everything and really helped me focus on my responsibility.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you back in Blogland Mike; hope all is well with you. Will catch up some time soon - less than 3 months to The Outlaw now!

    ReplyDelete