Saturday 4 July 2009

The day the Helix died....and Saucony are dead to me as well!


It is with great regret that I must inform the triathlon community that my Blue Seventy Helix has suffered a major injury and resulted in it untimely death. Today after swimming at a new undisclosed venue, after covering 3k of the 4k set. The seam at the base of the spine split causing a sudden ingestion of water and the untimely death of one of the greatest wetsuit I have ever had the pleasure to swim in.

Together we shared many memorable moments as recently as only two weeks ago at Dambuster where together we were leading the RAF pack in before I cramped. Other highlights include our first ever special moment at IMUK where he showed me the light and I dully followed with a sub 60 swim. Last year we spent a lot of time in each other company and with out him I would not have achieved such greatness or joy during those grueling 4k sessions in the lake.

Our Special moments together

IMUK 2006 60 min swim
Sub 30 min swims at Vitruvian 07 and Beaver 08
World Champs and European Champs (inc 1:19 5.1K swim in 2008 at Almere)
2009 22 min swim at Dambuster and 29:58 Challenge Barcelona

Now I have no problem with Saucony products and think there are a great quality especially with the discount the military get as well. However I have not been able to get an order for Trainers for the past 6 weeks and decided to bite the bullet and go else where.

So of to Lincolnshire Runner i plodded and after "I want some trainers and will listen to you as you know best" I was soon trying on the new Nike Luner at a very good discounted price. Wow is all I can say and over the next couple of weeks once I have broken them in I will be able to give you a better review. All I will say in the mean time is they have the potential to be quick.

The next purchase will be the "Erox Full Cell Air Wetsuit" that I reviewed a few months back to replace my recently departed close friend in which I will continue to honour my name by swimming even quicker!

1 comment:

  1. (nice post)
    my commiserations on your recent loss, you will find that time is a good healer however, i find new 'tri bling' helps heal these wounds even better! b4 you rush out and purchase the erox have you considered the Foor Synflex or Q2, they are top suits! speak to Emma at TriUK and tell her i sent you, she will sort you out? trust me the Synflex is awesome, everyone at the K1 who has up-graded to Foor (from all brands)loves them?

    ReplyDelete