Sunday 12 July 2009

Another good weekend of racing

After a late finish on Friday I missed coaching the Lincoln Kids triathlon club. I did however sleep, and catch up on more missed sleep. Maybe I am burning the candle at both ends a little but you have to compromise to make any progress.

Saturday I had planned on donning the new suit and having a splash in the lake. Instead I slept in and made my way over to Stapleford for the inter club championships. Last year the RAF just missed out and I had hoped to claim the first scalp in the Lincoln Club champs prior to the Relays. 3k Forest run, 12k cycle 3k forest run. I have no idea of my time but I do know that due to our female letting us down, Doug M pulled out and that left me and Andy Fisher to upset the field. Well Andy set of as if on fire and within 1k had pulled away from the pursuing pack. I kept the front 8 in sight and knew that on the bike I had them pegged.

One by one I passed them pulling myself up into 4th at T2. The way I was cycling I felt great and as if I could have done it for longer as well. Everything just felt right. Out onto the run and knowing there was no way of catching the first 2 I set of for 3rd. Catching and passing Gav within 1k I managed to hold him of until 2k but as the finish line approached he was able to pull away. Lincoln took the team and I was very happy with 4th behind Fish.

Another night of sleep deprivation with the club socials. I was of at 9:37 rider 97 of 100 for the Victor Ludlum memorial 25 TT on the course that I did 1:05:08 on only a few weeks ago. The wind was high and breezy and the rain on the road made a few of the corners twitchy. However after a pep talk from another rider before the start I rode my TT. Sticking to what I know and not what I wanted I flew around the course and smashed my previous best of 1:05 with a 1:03. I do have good rides in me. With my TT season over now due to ITU call up to officiate in London. I am happy to leave the season knowing what to expect next year.

1 down 9 to go!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Mike.

    So are you definitely up for Barcelona then?

    ReplyDelete