Sunday 27 March 2011

"Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company." George Washington

220k in 3 days on the bike a total of 12 hours in the saddle this week. A massive hike on last weeks training but it's not over until Monday evening with my last run and swim of the week. This could put me up to 20hrs and in need of a well earned rest week.

Having such good weather has inspired me to go solo on the rides for the last 3 days. It has been fantastic and working hard on the big hills of the Meon Valley has really paid of as I work out all the aggression and frustrations built up over the course. Not long now until the move to BN and a properly structured training programme.

Next weeks Meon Valley Sportive is going to be fun, already Turbo has laid his cards on the table...draft and overtake just to out sprint me. Well I'm going to enjoy the training ride and keep up as long as I can. Try and finish with enough to get back to the house and not do a Sags and ride into any parked cars (Shires and Spires).

And finally, having watched a lot of sport this weekend, I was happy with the results at the UCI world track champs. It has shown not only an improvement in the GB team but also that Hoy and Pendleton are not unbeatable. I know this might sound negative but with less than 500 days to go I think it will give both of them the passion and drive to return next year and retake their crowns as king and queen of the track. A return to the F1 season just means earlier rides and mid afternoon naps are back on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment