Sunday 2 August 2009

Product Review: Erox Full Cell Air Wetsuit

I first saw this suit at TCR in February. There was something about it that jumped out at me. I do not really know what it was but it caught my eye and I was from that point onwards hooked.

In order to be able to give this suit a full review I have had to swim a lot of K's. In fact I can say that I have swum 30k hard and raced twice since being suited. You are probably thinking what makes it better than the Blue Seventy Helix I have used in the past, or the Foor an Orca equivalent.

Firstly the distinctive colour identifies you amoungst everyone else wearing the generic black wetsuit. People see it and many mocked it before the Interservices. I had the usual wise cracks, "who's the joker in blue" after a 20:15 swim I was the last one laughing. The Helix at Dambuster only had me out of the water in a slow 22 Min's on a good day. Once the bedlam had settled in transition people were asking me about the suit, what made it so special and why was I raving about it so much.
Here are my reasons why you need this suit:
1. The easy access intermolecular panels (white bits) allow even me to get my clown feet out of the suit easily in transition, without the usual dancing. As well as allowing your shoulders to rotate and flex during the swim, in the way nature intended. The large panel helps you breath in the suit reducing the chest tightness of other suits.
2. The Nano coating technology helps me glide through the water. I have to pinch myself every time I put it on. It truly is amazing how easy it is to swim in and achieve quicker times with less shoulder fatigue.
This suit is worth buying for 2 reasons alone 1, getting noticed; 2, great swim times with less effort.

Within the first week of using the suit I was able to take 2 Min's of my Blue Seventy Helix 1500m, not to mention reducing the fatigue in my shoulders. The collar doesn't rub and the suit falls away in transition meaning no more wrestling in T1.

I won't swim in anything else now I have found my second skin!
So far me and my suit have managed
3rd National Aquathlon Champs
20:15 1500m swim
What is in store on the big stages of Prague and Barcelona later this year. Watch this space to find out.

4 comments:

  1. Sub 50 mins at Barca? Now there's a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hywel says a BS Helix knocked over 5 min off his IM swim in one fell-swoop. I'm intrigued by these claims of immediate gains; do suits really make that much diffence when you've already been wearing a quality suit beforehand? One part of me wants to rush out & buy one, the other wonders if it's too good to be true. Indeed, does one suit work better for one individual than another. Hmm, I don't know!

    How much is an Erox? I currently have a tailor-made Snugg, and don't believe another suit could fit me better, so is it just the neoprene used that makes the difference?....questions questions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erox wetsuits go for £320. I upgraded to the erox cell air from a foor Quantum2 and it knocked ~3 mins off my 1500m swim times. Very comfi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just received the blancnoir yoga set that I had ordered from an online store. I must admit that the quality is super nice and the leggings are very comfortable. They are not only good for gym but I can wear them very comfortable for casual outings as well. Would like to purchase a printed legging too from this brand.

    ReplyDelete